02 June 2010

Harlem River Blues and Northwest Festivals

Justin Townes Earle has completed work on his third album. It's going to be called Harlem River Blues. Justin recently talked to Paste Magazine where he spilled the details.
“I drove over the Harlem River one time and it was just the most desolate-looking thing I’d ever seen,” Earle says of the body of water that gave his forthcoming album its title. “It’s way up in the northeast of Manhattan, it comes down out of the Bronx, down into Harlem, and it’s just the nastiest body of water you’ve ever seen in your life. And I guess it just kind of inspired me a little bit.”
The entire article can be found here.

Also, Justin has been named as a performer for Seattle's Bumbershoot Festival as well as Portland's MusicFestNW. Both festivals are held in early September. More info on exact dates when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment