21 January 2010

Interview: Justin Townes Earle living 'The Good Life' as his career takes off - The Daily Times


Maryville, Tennessee's The Daily Times has posted a wonderful interview with Justin on their website. In the interview, Justin speaks about being a "fashion icon" and the success of "Midnight at the Movies". Justin also speaks a bit about the direction album number three. Here's and excerpt:
"I'm definitely already looking forward to the next record, and I've written pretty much a whole new one," he said. "We're looking to go into the studio sometime in late May. With this one, I'm getting a little more into my primitive gospel and more of a blues, R&B thing. I'm definitely not going to make an R&B record, but I've been listening to a lot of Stax and Staple Singers and Big Bill Broonzy. We're going to see what we can do, but I'm still going to have my Old Time songs." 
Read the rest of the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment